Planning and Designing
Look for someone whose work you like or an area of expertise relevant to your particular job, and who you believe you can work with.
Use recommendations from friends or visit the New Zealand Institute of Architects and Architectural Designers New Zealand websites to find them in your locale.
Designing Your Home:
- This is the part that is the most fun and the most exciting...
- This is where you create your home in your imagination, then to design...
- This is where your dreams can begin to become reality...
Steps to Having a House Designed:
- Deciding what you want - what style, how many bedrooms/bathrooms/other rooms (studies, living rooms, etc)
- Putting in place the finance
- Choosing a designer
- Developing the project brief
- Pre-design information gathering
- Concept Design
- Developed Design
- Resource Consent (if required)
- Detailed Design
- Building Consent
- Choosing a Builder
- Putting in place Building Insurance
- Construction – (Your designer should play a role here, helping to choose a builder, advising on the form of contract, undertaking contract administration, and observing the works for compliance with building consent and quality of finish.)
- Code Compliance Certificate and handover