Planning and Designing
Use recommendations from friends or visit the New Zealand Institute of Architects and Architectural Designers New Zealand websites to find them in your locale.
Designing Your Home:
- This is the part that is the most fun and the most exciting...
- This is where you create your home in your imagination, then to design...
- This is where your dreams can begin to become reality...
- Deciding what you want - what style, how many bedrooms/bathrooms/other rooms (studies, living rooms, etc)
- Putting in place the finance
- Choosing a designer
- Developing the project brief
- Pre-design information gathering
- Concept Design
- Developed Design
- Resource Consent (if required)
- Detailed Design
- Building Consent
- Choosing a Builder
- Putting in place Building Insurance
- Construction – (Your designer should play a role here, helping to choose a builder, advising on the form of contract, undertaking contract administration, and observing the works for compliance with building consent and quality of finish.)
- Code Compliance Certificate and handover